- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is a leading global bank employing 190,000 across 65 countries. CIB is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our corporate and institutional clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, transaction banking, treasury and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory. BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business.
The Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas as part of its 2025 Growth Plan. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions, Exane BNPP, Asset Management and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the international bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Nordic Investment Banking team is seeking analytical and entrepreneurial candidates with a firm grasp of complex financial concepts and a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace as full-time Investment Banking Analysts/ Associates.
The Oslo-based position offers successful candidates an opportunity to work in both a global and local context, with potential for secondments across any of the EMEA, Americas and APAC regions comprising a total of some 450 advisory and industry group professionals, and to be directly involved in large, complex cross-border M&A and ECM transactions in support of Nordic and international clients.
Nordic Investment Banking Analyst/ Associate
Main duties & responsibilities
As part of the Nordic Investment Banking team, you will be involved in originating and executing a variety of M&A and ECM transactions. You will have the opportunity to work in a high paced environment, perform a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tasks and be encouraged to contribute own ideas. Our deal team structure allows individuals to work closely with seniors on a diverse set of projects and support our clients in key strategic decision-making.
The role includes (but is not limited to):
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies and their industries
- Building and updating financial models
- Collecting market data to analyse industry context and help value and price transactions
- Drafting presentations and memorandums for both internal and external clients
- Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you will be asked to actively participate
- Graduate from university or professional with up to 5 years of experience
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills together with a robust knowledge of accounting and valuation techniques
- Can-do mentality and perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities and have outstanding communication and time management skills
- Excellent academic track record and fluency in English. Proficiency in a Nordic language is a plus
- Committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards
What we can offer you
- Possibility of international secondment and career opportunities
- Work closely with senior staff and support clients in key-decision making early on
- Competitive compensation package
How to apply
Apply via our career portal with:
- CV detailing your relevant academic and practical experience
No formal motivation letter required; academic transcripts and references, on request only
For further information, please contact: Nordic.IB.email@example.com
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!