- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Corporate Coverage Internship
BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas in the Nordics is a leading global bank with a worldwide presence. Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is the Investment Banking Division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our corporate and institutional clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, transaction banking, treasury, and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory
BNPP is a leading bank within ESG with the objective to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business.
The Nordic Region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every CIB business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Asset Management, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Corporate Coverage team in the Nordics is seeking highly motivated candidates interested in the financial markets with a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace. The Copenhagen, Oslo or Stockholm-based internship offers an opportunity to work in both a global and local context supporting top Nordic corporates navigating the financial markets.
The Corporate Coverage internship offers 4-6 months experience within our fast growing client facing team, covering relationships with Nordic corporates (large- and mid-cap, high growth/start-up and family office/privately owned companies). The internship is full-time or part time (50%) depending on geographic location, and would give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets, as a compliment to your studies.
Support the Head of Coverage, Directors and VPs in identifying, developing and managing corporate relationships. Specifically you will:
- Take the lead in the Know Your Customer (KYC) process ensuring KYC is in place and up to date
- Support in the management of the credit process to ensure all Annual Reviews and transaction requests are processed in a timely manner
- Maintain databases and client data monitoring
- Undertake research on prospect clients/industries
- Prepare tailored pitch books and marketing material for client presentations
- Knowledge of accounting/company financial statements
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills
- Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Team player prepared to “roll up their sleeves” to get things done
- Interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
Technical skills and qualifications
- Ongoing academic degree with excellent track record
- Mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel and Powerpoint (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
- Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
LOCATION: Copenhagen, Oslo or Stockholm
DURATION: 4-6 Months (full-time or part time 50%)
OPENING DATE: September 2022
CLOSING DATE: 31st of October 2022 (hiring is done on an ongoing basis)
POSITION START DATE: Jan, June & August 2023 or before
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!