- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas is a leading European global bank with presence in 60+ countries, with more than 180,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Retail Markets, Investment & Protection Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking. The Corporate and Institutional Banking division (CIB) offers the full range of financial services (capital markets, transaction banking, securities services, financing, treasury, and advisory solutions) to corporates and financial institutions. A recognized leader in sustainable finance, the Group is actively working towards an ambitious goal: finance a net-zero economy by 2050.
The Nordic region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas and the Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every business line in the region. With around 1,000 staff across CIB, Consumer Finance (Personal Finance), Asset Management (BNP Paribas Asset Management and Alfred Berg), Factoring, Car Fleet Leasing (Arval), Leasing Solutions and Insurance (Cardif), Dreams Sustainable, BNP Paribas is already the International bank with the largest footprint in the Nordics.
Within this context, the Corporate Coverage team in the Nordics is seeking highly motivated candidates interested in the financial markets with a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace. The Copenhagen, Oslo or Stockholm-based internship offers an opportunity to work in both a global and local context supporting top Nordic corporates navigating the financial markets.
The Corporate Coverage internship offers 6 months experience within our fast-growing client facing team, covering relationships with Nordic corporates (large- and mid-cap, high growth/start-up and family office/privately owned companies). The internship is full-time or part time (50%) depending on geographic location, and would give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets, as a compliment to your studies.
Support the Head of Coverage, Directors and VPs in identifying, developing and managing corporate relationships. Specifically, you will:
· Assist senior team members in the day-to-day activity of managing relationships with corporate clients and in providing financing and other products based on the client’s needs
· Support in the management of the credit process to ensure all Annual Reviews and transaction requests are processed in a timely manner
· Undertake research on prospective clients/industries and communicate key findings
· Prepare tailored pitch books and promotion material for client presentations
· Take the lead in the Know Your Customer (KYC) process for onboarding and preserving corporate clients by ensuring that KYC is in place and up to date
· Preserve databases and client data monitoring
· Knowledge of accounting/company financial statements
· Confident verbal communication and networking skills
· Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach
· Great multitasking and time management skills
· Team player prepared to “roll up their sleeves” to get things done
· Interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
Technical skills and qualifications
– Ongoing academic degree with excellent track record
– Mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
– Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel and PowerPoint (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
– Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language
– Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
– Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
– Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
DURATION: 3-6 Months (full-time or part time 50%)
POSITION START DATE: Jan, June & August 2024 or before
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better.
It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!