BNP Paribas substantially improved ranking positions in this year’s Risk Magazine survey, the world’s leading financial risk management magazine.
In Interest rates our bank ranked:
- 1st for euro constant maturity
- 2nd for exotic interest rates overall, euro forward rate agreements, volatility/variance swaps, binary/digital and overnight index swaps in both euros and US dollars
- 3rd for euro Bermudan/American, euro repos, yen interest rate swaps 10+ years and overnight index swaps in Australian dollars
- 4th for euro short-dated interest rate swaps, overnight index swaps overall, both Swiss franc and Canadian dollar interest rates swaps 2-10 years
- and 5th in overnight index swaps in yen.
In Currencies our bank ranked 3rd in US dollar/euro and euro/sterling currency forwards.
In Credit our bank ranked 2nd for investment grade Europe and Asia, 3rd for high yield Europe, 4th for vanilla default swaps overall and for sovereigns and 5th for high yield Asia and for basket default swaps
These results follow Fixed Income’s rankings in two of Risk Magazine’s end-user surveys earlier this year. Institutional Investors voted us the fifth best provider of derivatives (up from 11th in 2004), while corporates voted us into seventh place (up from 10th last year).